Perfect cleaning: for our floors to remain alive, shiny and like on the first day, it is necessary to give them the appropriate care. Whether you have hardwood or laminate flooring, you want it to look its best and shine as if it were newly installed.
Today we teach you how to do it without damaging them and thus help you to recover their properties.
Laminate Floor Cleaning
For the laminate floor to remain in optimal conditions and extend its life, we must have a certain regularity in its cleaning. Therefore, in addition to keeping it clean, we will be able to extend its life.
As you know, laminate flooring is one of the most used floorings in our homes. They are characterized by having an infinite number of designs and styles, which makes them adapt to the tastes of everyone.
Like any floor, they get dirty quickly, especially if they are light colours. So we will give you the best TIPS to clean it without damaging it and increase its useful life.
We will only need a microfiber mop or mop, a bucket and a specific detergent for laminate floors to clean our floor.
We will fill our bucket with warm water and add one or two caps of the specific product for laminate flooring.
We go through our laminate floor throughout the room with the damp mop or mop. This detergent does not damage the material and makes its appearance shine like new.
As you can see, it is effortless to clean our floor always to have it shiny, but many times we make some mistakes:
- Clean the floor with vinegar: vinegar is one of the star products in daily cleaning, and it is a great solution when we have more intense stains on our floors, but we run the risk of damaging our protective layer, as it contains acids that in the long run, they could spoil our floors.
- Sweep with stiff bristle brushes: stiff bristle brooms can be a problem when cleaning our floors since, over time, they can end up damaging our surfaces.
- Vacuum cleaners with rotating brushes: as with brooms, cleaning with vacuum cleaners with rotating brushes (which usually have tough bristles) can wear down our protective layer.
- Using non-recommended chemical products: unsuitable floor cleaning products such as bleach, waxes, and soaps can damage our floors, eating away part of the colour and wearing it down.
Clean Wood Floors
Wooden floors, as we have discussed on other occasions, require more care than any other type of floor, as it is a “living” material that needs some nutrition.
Wooden floors lose their shine and luminosity over time, making them appear older and duller than they are.
We tell you two ways to clean it and give it shine:
- With specific products for wooden floors: there are countless specific products for cleaning wooden floors. We must consider that they do not contain silicones, waxes, or corrosive effects. To clean with this product, we must only mix the proportion indicated with warm water in a bucket. Next, we will scrub our surface with a damp mop in our bucket and let the surface dry, avoiding stepping on it so as not to leave marks.
- With a mix made by ourselves
Another option for cleaning our wooden floors is to make a natural and ecological mixture that will make our floors in perfect condition and more economically.
We will need a bucket with warm water, essential oils, a mop and white or apple vinegar.
We will fill our bucket with 5 litres of water and add around 100 ml of vinegar plus 3 or 5 drops of each essential oil, the oils are not strictly necessary, but they will give us an aromatic touch to our mixture.
Vinegar, as you know, is an excellent disinfectant that nourishes our wooden floor without damaging it.
Once the dirt on our floor has been vacuumed or swept, we will proceed with the moistened mop to clean our wooden floor in the best possible way.
We will let it dry without stepping on it so as not to leave marks, and we will see how little by little it shines.
We recommend using this mixture sporadically when the floors are dirty since vinegar contains acids that will cause it to lose varnish.
Remember that if you want to stab and varnish the wooden or parquet floor, at Jumisa Revestimientos, we are backed by years of experience. Therefore, we recommend that you request a quote through our website for these works.
Leave a Reply