Have you recently invested in a Netgear extender and looking to configure it? If yes, we have got your back.
Here, in this piece of writing, we are going to elucidate various methods of doing Netgear WiFi extender setup. So, without any further delay, check the below-given sections and make your device functional in a hassle-free manner. Let’s get started.
How to Set up Netgear Extender Manually
The first and most reliable method you can opt for installing your Netgear extender can by using the web browser. Here’s how:
- Place the extender near the host router after unpacking it and installing its antennas (if any).
- Now, look for a working power socket and plug the extender’s adapter into it.
- After a while, you’ll see that the range extender’s power LED has begun to glow green.
- After that, the extender must be connected to the router via an Ethernet connection. If an Ethernet cable is not available for now, consider forming a connection between both the devices in a wireless manner.
- After that, launch a web browser to visit your extender’s default IP address.
- Watch out for typing errors while inputting the IP address or URL that is set by default.
- You will be taken to the login page as soon as you press the Enter key on your computer.
- By checking the user handbook, enter your login information, and then click the Log in button to continue.
- Netgear nighthawk setup wizard will emerge. This is the dashboard of your range extender.
- Reaching here, you will find various on-screen instructions appearing.
- Follow all the guidelines accurately to manually set up your range extender.
Once done with the installation of your device, change its location by keeping it in an area where you need the WiFi signals most.
That’s how you can set up a Netgear extender by making use of a web browser. Some users find it difficult to access the default IP/web address and are caught with an error message. If the same is what you are experiencing, check the next method in line and see if you can get success.
WiFi Extender Setup Using WPS
WPS is the other option you can try for bringing your extender to life. For this, here’s what you need to do:
- Install the antennas of your extender and power it up.
- Make sure you choose a wall socket that provides sufficient and fluctuation-free power.
- Now, look for the WPS button on your extender and press it.
- Thereafter, press the button on your host router.
- This is to inform you that if your router is not WPS-supported, you will not be able to setup Netgear extender using this method.
- If your router supports WPS, both the devices will get synced in a while.
This is how you can complete the configuration process of your extender with the press of a button.
You can also make your extender up and running using the app. Check the following section for the same.
Steps to Set up Netgear Extender using App
- Unlock your phone and navigate to its App Store to find the Nighthawk app.
- Download the latest version of the app, once located.
- Once you are done with the process, launch the app and accept its terms and conditions.
- You will then need to log in.
- So, do the same using the same details you have used for creating a Netgear account.
- Before logging in to your device, ensure that you have powered up the extender and connected it to the host router in a proper manner.
- As soon as you reach the app interface of your extender, certain instructions will flash on your mobile’s screen.
- By following the instructions, you can set up your Netgear extender in no time.
This is all about setting up a Netgear extender. We have jotted down all the doable methods that can help you configure your range extender. Now, you can choose and execute the one that best suits your needs.
Bonus: No matter which method you choose for doing Netgear extender setup, once through with the process, make sure to password-protect your device in an attempt to save it from potential threats.
That’s all for now! Stay tuned for more on Netgear extender setup and making the most of your WiFi devices.