It is pretty surprising that while the fashion industry has experienced a decline in growth since the dawn of the pandemic, the video gaming industry has swung positively.
Newzoo has reported that the video game industry worldwide will surpass $200 billion by 2023, surfing through the dominant video gaming trends.
Moreover, it is unavoidable that technology is impacting all industries equally, including fashion, gaming, and entertainment.
If the virtual gaming space is flourishing to the sky-high with technological intervention, the fashion industry is not lagging.
Read More: NFT Development Company
In the light of truth, technology and the fashion industry always enjoy a close association. Although the fashion industry is not experiencing as much growth as expected in the last three years, it is brilliantly coping with its revenue deficits.
The answer will definitely sweep your feet off the ground.
Fashion brands are implementing novel ways to leverage advanced technology as well as the flourishing gaming industry. Their efforts are pivoting around their intention to converse with their customers at ease.
With much enthusiasm, the video gaming industry has become a profitable avenue for fashion brands to increase their revenue overall.
It is the era of virtual fashion, fashion NFTs, and metaverse space. Influential fashion brands have embraced the gaming world as a legitimate area of interest.
Since gaming has turned mainstream, so does gaming fashion. In reality, in-game style is growing in popularity in the virtual gaming space.
And unsurprisingly, fashion brands outside want to taste a slice of the pie from the virtual gaming space. From video game-inspired fashion designs to brands creating their unique signatures for the gaming world, many initiations have been popping up in the virtual gaming space.
Brands Experimenting with Video Game Fashions
Both virtual fashion and virtual gaming space are two booming areas right now.
Let’s scroll down to see how the most loved luxury fashion brands are experimenting in the virtual gaming space.
- In the realm of video games, Gucci has ascended to the headlines by selling its digital version of Dionysus Bag with Bee. The value of the bag was $4000.
- Moreover, Gucci has collaborated with Roblox to exhibit its fashion clothes and accessories on the gaming platforms.
- People can use their avatars to try out Gucci bags and other fashion items in a metaverse gaming space.
- At the Gucci Garden exhibition, gamers can try on digital pieces of eyewear, bags, bottles, and hats roughly priced at US$5 each. If it fits well, they can purchase the items.
Another famous fashion brand released its fall 2021 through an immersive video game, Afterworld: The Age of Tomorrow.
The video game allowed the gamers to explore Balenciaga’s fall collection exhibited by fifty character models.
The fashion brand dabbled in the latest technologies like AI to make the gamers feel more realistic about fashion collections.
- Louis Vuitton has also collaborated with League of Legends to display its fashion collections exclusively designed for video gamers.
- Louis Vuitton’s artistic director for women’s collections, Nicolas Ghesquière, has designed an excellent display for the gaming world.
- The collection includes a sequence of custom character skins and clothing capsules.
- The fashion collections can change the appearance of the characters.
Read More: Education Metaverse
The Positive Impact of Fashion Industry and Virtual Gaming Space Mingling
The union of fashion brands with video games brings positive outcomes to the gaming and fashion world.
Let’s unlock them one by one.
Branding Scopes Through storytelling
- In recent years, changing appearances and the style of characters have been a surge in popularity.
- Gamers find it fascinating to alter the skins, weapons, and clothes of the in-game characters. This preference has also escalated the growth of the NFT development company.
- However, the growing preference of players in terms of changing the appearance of their in-game characters has also encouraged fashion brands.
- At present, when it comes to ornate in-game characters with stylish armour, clothes, or skin, games offer a collection of recognizable designer brands.
- It allows fashion brands to stretch their marketing potential to a new horizon. Fashion brands can increase their brand value even in the virtual gaming space.
- Conversely, video games can also remain culturally and socially relevant to gamers.
- Giant fashion brands like Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, and Valentino get attached to video games. The gaming industry has become more mainstream.
- Similar to consumers buying designer fashion in real life, in-game merchandise is hitting popularity.
- As a result, luxurious fashion brands are partnering with top gaming companies to exhibit their exclusive fashion collections.
- While drilling into the gaming world, all fashion brands ensure that the partnership involves creativity and brand storytelling.
- To summarise, the gaming world will surely fetch more customers and brand value to fashion companies. However, they need to focus on creating authentic, creative, and stylish outfits and accessories for the gaming characters to stay afront.
Leveraging The Power Of Game Influencers
- The rise in popularity of gaming influencers is another reason why fashion brands are storming into the virtual gaming space.
- Of course, Louis Vuitton aims not only to reach the average or ad-hoc gamers.
- The agenda is more significant than that.
- These fashion brands intend to create a positive impact on video game influencers. They will enhance the marketability of their fashion collections.
- The global influencer marketing industry will hit $24.1 billion by 2025. (Markets and Markets)
To conclude, gamers come to the virtual gaming space to have fun and enjoy the interactive gaming ecosystem. The fashionable clothes, accessories, armors, etc., for the gaming characters, undoubtedly enhance the players’ gaming experience.
When the gamers see stylish clothes and accessories from their lovable famous fashion brands, their experience dazzles.
Hence, surfing through the gaming trends can help the gaming industry to retain players and the fashion industry revive its revenue in a whole new way.