Men’s hoodies are a wardrobe essential in the winter now since we are not entertaining the bulky, prickly woollen sweaters in funny colour combinations. Men have as much of a right to look stylish while prioritising comfort as women, and the hoodies are entirely coming in clutch! However, there is a vast collection of hoodies in various colours, shapes, styles, patterns, warmth levels, etc. So, we understand it can become exhausting to find the best hoodie that suits your needs and aesthetic. Additionally, it can get tricky for men to know exactly which fabrics and materials will work best for their particular situation. Hence, below is the perfect guide on Men’s Hoodie Fabric 101 so you can learn all about the Pros and Cons of Different Hoodie Materials This Winter and choose the best and most suitable men’s hoodies for yourself.
1. Recycled Materials for the Environmentalist in You!
- Pros: The fashion industry and the environmentalists have always been at odds with each other due to their opposing priorities when it comes to the planet. However, the athleisure industry is slowly but surely catching up to become environmentally conscience as they consistently work hard to develop innovative tech to make athleisure wear, including men’s hoodies, t-shirts, pants, socks, shoes, bags, and accessories. So, stay warm and look stylish in your hoodies with a clear conscience. Many brands are now using at least 20% recycled materials, so the athleisure industry can begin with some small steps as they step toward a brighter future.
- Cons: Men’s hoodies that are made with recycled materials can give you a limited collection when in terms of styles, patterns, designs, colours, etc. The innovative tech which makes men’s hoodies cosy, stylish, environmentally safe and comfortable is still growing and developing, so you might not be able to find the perfect colour or pattern, but you will still be able to sleep better at night knowing you are reducing your toxic footprint on the environment and yet staying stylishly warm.
2. Elastane and Cotton Rib on your Trendy Men’s Hoodies
- Pros: If your hoodies have ribbed patterns around your wrists, waist, and neck, you will have hoodies that stretch out at the right places on your body without losing their original shape. Men’s hoodies are available in various fits like slim, regular, and oversized fits. All these fits give you very different but very interesting looks. So, ribbing around your wrists, waist, and neck becomes increasingly important, especially in slim-fit or form-flattering hoodies. The elastane-cotton blend will additionally give you a soft-to-skin touch due to the cotton, while the elastane provides stretchability that also retains your hoodie’s shape.
- Cons: Some people with allergy-prone tendencies should get checked for allergies to synthetic materials like elastane. Elastane is not breathable and does tend to stick to your skin if you sweat too much. Similarly, cotton, on the other hand, is a natural fibre, so it is possible for it to wear down more quickly than synthetic fabrics.
3. Men’s Cotton Hoodies
- Pros: Men’s hoodies, which are entirely made from cotton, are incredibly soft and cosy. Additionally, they are breathable, super lightweight, and made with natural fibres, so they are good for your skin. These hoodies are perfect for a casual day out with friends or family, a restorative yoga class, or a chilly day, and they have a stunning aesthetic. Since cotton is one of the oldest fabrics being used and experimented with in athleisure wear, the tech has already progressed to a large extent. There is an incredibly stylish collection of men’s hoodies available in cotton.
- Cons: Cotton can shrink during or after a wash if the hoodies are not washed as per the brand’s instructions and can lack durability due to its natural fibres. Cotton hoodies also lack moisture-wicking tendencies since the fabric does not offer these naturally, so using a cotton hoodie during intense workouts can give you skin rashes.
4. Men’s Hoodies in Polyester
- Pros: Polyester is a naturally moisture-wicking fabric. Hence, these hoodies allow you to sweat to the best of your ability without causing any skin rashes or unwanted blisters. Polyester has the ability to absorb your sweat as you work out and push that sweat to the outer part of the fabric, which keeps you dry and comfortable throughout your workouts. Your men’s hoodies made with polyester will resist wrinkles, be easy to clean and dry and be incredibly lightweight yet warm.
- Cons: Polyester hoodies sometimes get too warm since they are not very breathable. This can also mean that the hoodies will hold onto any odour more than the cotton hoodie.
Men’s hoodies with a cotton and polyester blend will be ideal for a soft, cosy, warm, moisture-wicking, and stylish outfit. The right percentage of cotton and polyester will make your men’s hoodies a good outer as well as an inner layer. So you can pair your men’s hoodies with jeans for a casual night out, joggers for a cosy workout, trackpants to play cricket on a cold morning, or shorts to lounge around at home. You can also layer them up with bomber jackets or padded lightweight down jackets to enjoy your cold vacations stylishly and create handsome content for your Instagram if that is your vice! So, confidently buy men’s hoodies online and enhance your sense of style and comfort.
Leave a Reply