Most marketers are well-versed in both marketing channels they use to stand alone. However, by integrating direct mail and email marketing, you can maximise the strengths and reduce the limitations.
You can improve your responses and achieve your objectives. Instead of thinking of two marketing strategies separately, here are some tips you can use for your business to integrate both marketing strategies with a multi-channel approach.
Direct Mail and Email Marketing
Direct mail and email marketing are no longer an argument now. Both email campaigns and direct mail have achieved great success. For example, an email campaign can be set up quickly and provide great insights into open rates, response rates, and the number of clicks. However, email marketing noise levels have hit critical mass, with the person receiving a fascinating 121 emails per day. As a result, open rates are reduced. Thus, marketers relying solely on email marketing increases the risk of losing their audience to competitors.
Direct mail advertising receives better results but initially takes time to execute compared to email marketing. However, the report stated, direct mail continued to provide the best response rate of all other marketing channels.
Until now, it was difficult to implement multi-channel marketing. The investment needs proved substantial for many companies, but recent technology has allowed us to utilise multi-channel distribution.
Integrating Direct Mail and Email Marketing
The latest direct mail automation technology has allowed companies to create personalised, targeted mail pieces by integrating CRM and other marketing tools. The result is direct mail campaign servicesfor each consumer’s journey.
Companies that have utilised the potential have recorded up to 118% increase in response rates. Similarly, research has shown that prospects are 25% more likely to purchase from brands when implementing multi-channel distribution.
- Target non-responders: It’s not that you always get a response. No matter how exciting and innovative your email marketing campaign is, there will always be those who do not respond. As a mailing house, we have seen a direct mail marketing company using direct mail advertising to reach non-responders. You can just create a list of those non-responders from your email marketing platform and build a highly-personalised, targeted mail marketing piece. Doing so makes you stand out from the crowd, cut through the noise, and resonate with the audience you were losing.
- Follow-up on prospects: Email marketing to gain new customers is a hotly debated subject, gathering plenty of criticism. However, depending on the needs of your business, acquisition marketing is a benefit. You can use direct mail companies to produce initial outreach mailing, directing your prospects to a specific landing page. From there, you can track those who are relevant to your audience and follow up with an email marketing campaign by taking the help of direct mail printing companies. Similarly, you can further segment the audience to those who are important.
- Basket reminders: Basket email reminders are an essential part of business for e-commerce stores. However, the likelihood of those emails being ignored, or placed in spam, could cost you a substantial amount of revenue. Direct mail automation allows you to target that audience who browse your site, place items in the cart, and later leave the basket within 12 hours. As your audience receive fewer email in the digital age, your brand is more likely to stand out from the noise.
- Event marketing: Events are crucial for marketing today. Many companies attend networking events and trade shows and spend budgets on them. Combining both your email marketing and direct mail vastly enhances the chance of attendees visiting your booth or event etc. Leverage direct mail to engage those who attend your booth. You can take their details, and follow up on emails with attractive direct mail marketing strategies. This integrated marketing approach can drive the event’s ROI.
Tips for Multi-channel Approach
Often the most seamless approach to gaining audiences both offline and online marketing. Your marketing strategy could be the reason for getting it opened or left unread like it never existed. One strong marketing approach can stretch from their inbox to their front door. However, there are a few tips to ensure a great mailing and email marketing campaign.
● Stagger your mail campaigns
You don’t send three emails at once because of the risk of looking spammy, so you shouldn’t do the same with advertising mail. Schedule different timings for your integrated marketing campaign, so recipients have more time to digest. Give your audience a chance to understand your business, what solution it provides, and how it can add some value to their life. After that, follow up on direct mail advertising with a strong call-to-action, and a follow-up via mail.
● Stay consistent
Of course, you don’t have to send three emails at once, but stay consistent with one piece you’re sending out. When you integrate direct mail marketing with email marketing, keep your branding consistent. This includes a consistent tagline, colour scheme, logo, font, and even call-to-action. If your customer is receiving an email as the first point of contact, they should recognize your brand with follow-up direct mailers. You can take the help of a mailing company in the USAto maintain consistency. An increase in brand recognition will likely result in building trust, making them more likely to interact with your brand.
● Use landing pages
A landing page takes the user to an appropriate part of your website. This technique is mostly accepted for email marketing and even more important for direct mail campaigns. Creating an attractive landing page by availing services of a direct mail campaign companyand linking it to your direct mailers allows for a more visually appealing approach, also remarketing opportunities. Subsequently, you can track those who visit the website from your offline marketing.
Direct mail and email marketing should always be your best option to help convey the sense of connection that many members appreciate. Pieces can be customised with different styles to make recipients feel prioritised. Direct mail and email can be targeted in a fashion that other digital tools are not nearly as equipped to accomplish. They enable organisations to easily target specific segments of the audience that are most likely to be receptive to the content.
And direct mail marketing companies in the USAcan help you with your organisation’s multi-channel marketing needs. They can assist with direct mail campaigns as well as other marketing approaches. Let them expand your mission and the growth of your mailing list by helping with your next marketing project and multi-channel approach.
Leave a Reply