If you are the owner of a Rockspace WiFi extender, then you might be well aware of the importance of updating its firmware. But, what’s that? Are you not able to go about the Rockspace firmware update process successfully? Well, you might be facing this issue because of the following reasons:
- The Ethernet connection between your WiFi devices is not stable.
- You did not follow the correct steps to update the firmware of your device.
- There is some issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The signals of your range extender are getting interrupted or blocked.
- You haven’t downloaded the correct firmware version for your extender.
- Technical glitches can also stop you from updating your wireless device.
We don’t care what might be the reason behind the Rock Space WiFi extender firmware update failure issue; we are here to help anyway. By the time you are done reading this article, the issue at hand would have bid adieu to you.
Fixed: Rockspace Extender Firmware Update Failed
- Reboot Your Extender
Starts troubleshooting the firmware update failure issue by rebooting your Rockspace wireless range extender.
Here is how you can give your device a fresh start:
- Disconnect all your client devices connected to the wireless extender.
- Power off your Rockspace extender and unplug it from its wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your Rockspace extender back into its wall socket and power it on.
- Reconnect your client devices to the network of the wireless extender.
Now, access re rockspace.local and try to update the firmware of your Rockspace wireless range extender. Did you get any luck? No? Well, keep reading.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Check the Ethernet cable connecting your Rockspace wireless range extender and your home router. Is it worn out or damaged from anywhere? Well, that is exactly why the connection between your devices is not secure.
To troubleshoot the issue, consider replacing your Ethernet cable with a new one.
- Bring Your Devices Closer
Apart from ensuring a secure connection between your Rockspace wireless range extender and router, you need to make sure that the distance between them is not too much. Otherwise, your devices will have a communication gap.
If your extender is placed in a different room, unplug it from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and plug it into the one located near your router.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Make sure that your Rockspace wireless extender as well as router is placed away from the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Fish tanks
- Microwave ovens
- Bluetooth speakers
- Aluminium studs
- Utensils containing water
Also, do not place your wireless devices in corners and near thick concrete walls.
- Download the Current Firmware Version
The firmware version that you download needs to be compatible with the extender model you are using. Otherwise, no matter how many times you try to update your device, everything will go in vain.
- Reach Out to Your ISP
Last, but not least, do have a word with your Internet Service Provider. Perhaps, he isn’t doing his job properly. Thus, give him about a few hours to get the internet issue resolved.
Once you have taken care of everything, use the Rackspace admin login details to log in to your wireless range extender, and update its firmware to the latest version.
With that, we have concluded our guide on the troubleshooting tips to fix the Rockspace extender firmware update failure issue. If even after following the aforementioned tips, you are not able to update the firmware of your device with ease, consider performing factory default reset. That will surely help you out.