Childbirth and age take their price on a female’s body. But issues with bladder and bowel control and sex due to weak pelvic floor are primarily repairable. In most cases, Women mostly palace themselves last and try to deal with every condition silently.
But some personal issues such as accidental bowel or bladder leakage and sexual discomfort are annoying. The painful awkwardness such symptoms cause won’t disappear on its own. Fortunately, some easy ways are available to treat weak pelvic floor symptoms in females. Women face many other issues as well such as vaginal infection. Taking probiotics supplements can help stop recurring BV issue in women.
What is a Pelvic Floor?
The ring of bones connected to your hips, legs, and spine is your pelvis. The function of this ring is to support your whole body. The pelvic floor is the bowl of ligaments, muscles, nerves, and connective tissues that cover the pelvis’s center. In the pelvis, this bowl grips the organs. Such as rectum, uterus, bladder, and vagina
In addition to holding them in place, the pelvic floor assists organs in functioning correctly. In simple words, it controls bowel and bladder function holds the organs in the proper position and makes women have enjoyable intercourse.
When your pelvic floor is weakened, it cannot perform the usual functions, causing difficulty performing all those functions.
The symptoms are as follows:
- Heaviness, pressure, or a feeling of swelling in the vaginal part
- Leakage of urine after laughing, coughing, sneezing, or exercising
- An Uncontrollable and urgent need to urinate
- Incomplete urination
- Difficulty controlling gas
- Leaking stool or Constipation
- Recurrent UTIs, i.e., Urinary tract infections
- Pain in the pelvic region
- Pain during sexual intercourse
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms at a severe level, you should immediately consult a best urologist.
The causes are:
- Operative delivery
- Large babies
- Multiple deliveries
- Injury during delivery
- systemic diseases
- Chronic health problems that cause more pressure in the pelvis and abdomen, For example, a chronic cough.
According to research, about half of all females who give birth suffer from pelvic organ prolapse, stress, urinary incontinence, or both. These problems are closely linked to birth-related trauma to the muscles of the pelvic floor.
You can follow the given tips to avoid the weakness of your pelvic floor.
Control your weight:
If you are overweight, then you should control your weight. The more the importance, the more the support had to be provided by your pelvic. That required more strength by the muscles.
When your weight is average, then the pelvic floor requires normal strength to support your overall weight. In this way, the pelvic floor remains healthy. By doing so, you will see a noticeable change in the symptoms.
For more info visit: Being Blogger
Don’t control your bowel when you feel the urge to empty it, leading to Constipation. If you have Constipation, then you face difficulty opening your bowel. This will stretch the pelvic floor muscles, resulting in their weakness.
If you have a constipation issue, you should change your diet and drink plenty of water.
Drink plenty of fluids:
Drink as much fluid as you can and drink healthy juice. Try to avoid drinking drinks containing caffeine, such as coffee, tea, etc. Such drinks will irritate your bowel. It would be best to drink at least 1 to 2 liters of water a day. Exercise regularly:
If you think or notice that your pelvic floor is weak, you should do exercise regularly.
The following regular exercise can be beneficial, as these exercises put stress on your pelvic floor and make it strong.
- Straight leg sit-ups
- Split tabletop
- Double leg lifts
- High influence exercise such as running or jumping.
Tighten your pelvic floor:
When you are going to sneeze or cough, tighten your pelvic floor. In this way, you can avoid leakage.
The most essential and most accessible treatment to treat weak pelvic floor in females is doing exercise.
Kegel exercises are the essential hold and release exercises.
How to do the Kegel exercise:
Locate the right muscle:
Contract the muscles that hold you from passing gas or cease urination midway to find your pelvic floor muscles. If you can stop urine or gas, you are compressing the right power. Do not do this again and again; it’s just a way to find the right muscle, not the exercise.
Practice the technique:
- Contract your pelvic floor muscles
- Hold them for at least 3 seconds
- Then relax for at least 3 seconds
- Do it a few times consecutively
- Once your muscles get strong, you should do these exercises while standing, sitting, or walking and listening to music.
Maintain your focus:
- It is best to focus only on the pelvic floor muscles
- Be cautious not to twist your abdomen, buttocks, or thigh muscles
- Do not hold your breath, instead freely breathe throughout the exercise.
Do 3 times a day:
It would help if you repeated this exercise 3 times a day and ten times for each.
- Make your bladder empty as much as you can.
- Rock your pelvis forward and backward to empty the bladder.
- It would help if you made this exercise habit with your regular tasks, such as brushing your teeth. Try to empty your bladder every 2 to 5 hours for normal functioning.
- Less than 2 hours or more than 5 hours can cause issues.
- Do not hold for too long when you feel an urge to empty your bladder.
Who to consult:
If there is no improvement in your symptoms or you have any questions about doing exercise. Or, if you want to know more about your condition, you can consult an expert. If you don’t learn where to find one, you can visit Marham.
Here you will get a list of the best doctors. You can make an appointment with the best urologist in Islamabad through Marham without any inconvenience.