Asus gaming routers are one of the best devices to consider for those who want to take their gaming experience to the next level. After having access to the Asus device, gamers can play any kind of game on smartphones, PCs, laptops, or gaming consoles. Apart from this, the Asus gaming router’s “Gear Accelerator features” make gaming super flexible. However, being a technical device, the Asus gaming router is also prone to technical issues. And, once such issue that gamers usually get is “Asus gaming router amber light” issue!
If you are also sailing on the same boat and need a rescue plan to resolve Asus gaming router amber light issue, then this piece of writing is specially written for you. Here, you will get all the possible fixes that will surely help you resolve the issue at hand. Hence, keep reading!
Reasons: Asus Gaming Router Amber Light
There can be a number of reasons causing the issue! Among them, we have listed 4-5 topmost reasons below. They are the most common ones. Have a look at them because knowing the reasons behind the issue will make it easy for you to resolve it.
- Outdated firmware
- Improper power supply to the Asus router
- Poor internet
- Asus router and modem connectivity issues
- Technical glitches
Now that you are conscious enough about the factors leading to the issue, take the help of below-mentioned hacks and know how to fix it (the issue) on the fly.
Fix 1: Restart Asus Gaming Router
The first and foremost solution that you must apply in order to fix “Asus gaming router amber light” issue is to restart or power cycle your gaming device. In this article, we have provided one of the best solutions to resolve the issue. But,still we recommend you restart your Asus device first. Why? Because, sometimes, a simple restart is enough to make your Asus gaming router rid of issues! Hence, follow the instructions highlighted below and know how to complete the process with ease!
- First things first, unplug your Asus gaming router from the power source.
- Also, disconnect all the cables connecting your Asus device, internet modem, and other devices.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Plug back your Asus router and reconnect the disconnected cables.
Now, check if the amber light is still blinking on your Asus gaming router. If yes, don’t delay much to try the next hack outlined underneath. The further solutions are really effective and able to sort out the amber light issue with your Asus gaming router.
Fix 2: Check the Asus Router’s Power
Another hack that you have to try to get the issue fixed is to check the Asus router’s power supply. Chances are your Asus device is not plugged in a proper way or not receiving sufficient power. For getting the issue fixed:
- Check the Asus router’s wall plug. Make sure that it is well working and doesn’t consist of damage.
- Now, have a nudge at the Asus device’s power supply. Ensure that the power supply is steady enough.
Is the amber light issue with your Asus gaming router fixed? If not, then scroll down a little to get the next hack.
Fix 3: Verify Your Internet Connection
Yes, that’s correct! Poor internet connection is one of the topmost reasons behind getting the issue. In such a case, we suggest you contact your internet service provider right away. Simply request him to provide you with sufficient internet range so that you can connect your Asus router to it and take your gaming experience to the next level.
Fix 4: Connect Asus Router and Modem
Keep in mind, connectivity issues also lead to the issue. Hence, for fixing it and to make the most out of your Asus gaming router, ensure to connect it to your internet modem in a proper way.
Although you can either use a wired or a wireless source for connecting your Asus gaming router and internet modem, however, you need to ensure a stable, secure, and finger-tight connection between them.
Fix 5: Update Asus Router’s Firmware
Last, but not least, you need to update the firmware of your Asus gaming router to the latest version to get the amber light issue fixed. An outdated Asus router’s firmware is the biggest reason behind getting the issue. Hence, follow the instructions outlined underneath and know how to update Asus router’s firmware:
- Open a web browser of your choice on any smart device like PC or laptop.
- Enter the IP address of your Asus router in the URL bar to access the Asus router’s firmware upgrade utility tool.
- Now, download the firmware and let the process get completed. Do not interrupt the firmware update process of your device! In simple words, do not turn off your Asus router or press the reset button. As soon as the Asus router firmware update process meets the successful end, a pop-up will appear. It shows that your router’s firmware is successfully updated.
That’s all! These were the instructions that you should follow to update Asus router’s firmware.
In a Nutshell
With that, we are going to end up this article. We hope that the fixes listed above help you resolve Asus gaming router amber light issue.