Netgear never fails to surprise its users with the amazing features of its networking devices. And, when it comes to security, the offerings by Netgear are at par. One such feature is Netgear Armor. It helps users protect their Nighthawk wireless routers from potential threats. All in all, it acts as a sentinel for the router keeping unidentified users and malicious attacks at a bay.
If you have also purchased a Netgear Armor subscription, then, first of all, pat yourself on back for taking this wonderful decision. But, it looks like you don’t know how to activate Netgear Armor on your router. Worry not! What are we here for? Read this post and activate Netgear Armor using the activation code in a fraction of seconds.
Activate Netgear Armor via Armor.netgear.com
Follow the guidelines mentioned below in order to activate Netgear Armor by accessing armor.netgear.com.
- Plug in your Nighthawk wireless into a wall outlet and press the Power button.
- Let the LED light on your device turn solid green.
- Thereafter, connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to the modem either using the Ethernet cable or a wireless source.
- Now, get access to a PC.
- Open a web browser lChrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
- Go to the address bar.
- Type armor.netgear.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to enter the www.routerlogin.net admin credentials here.
- Enter the default login credentials and click Sign In.
- Now, click the Allow button to permit Bitdefender to collect your device’s information.
- You will now be taken to the Netgear Armor portal.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Select the My Subscriptions option.
- Click the Activation Code option.
- Afterward, enter the activation code you’ve received in your email.
- Click Activation Code.
- Your Netgear Armor subscription will get activated.
In this manner, you can activate the Netgear Armor on your device by accessing armor.netgear.com. Just in case, you want to avoid the hassle of accessing a web browser, the Nighthawk app can help you. So, let us shed light on the steps to activate Netgear Armor on your Nighthawk router via the mobile application.
Activate Netgear Armor via Nighthawk App
- Ensure that the LED light on your Nighthawk router as well as the modem is glowing green.
- Now, launch the Nighthawk app.
- You will now be prompted to perform Nighthawk router login.
- So, enter the default admin details of your Netgear wireless router and tap Sign In.
- You will now be able to see the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Once there, tap Security.
- Tap the Launch Netgear Armor portal.
- You will get redirected to the Netgear Armor portal.
- Tap the Menu icon and move to My Subscriptions.
- Tap Activation Code and enter the activation code you have received via email.
- Select the Activation Code button.
- The Netgear Armor subscription will be now activated on your Nighthawk router.
In this manner, you can update Netgear Armor on your Nighthawk device using the mobile application.
Although Netgear Armor can be easily activated on the router using any of the aforementioned methods. Just in case you struggle to do so, here are the troubleshooting steps to ease out your worry lines.
Fixed: Can’t Activate Netgear Armor
- Ensure that your Nighthawk device is plugged into a non-damaged wall socket. Otherwise, your router will keep receiving an inadequate power supply.
- Whatever source of connection you’ve used to connect your Netgear router to the modem, make sure that the connection is firm.
- The default 192.168.1.1 login credentials of your Netgear Nighthawk router are case-sensitive. Thus, you need to keep your eyes open while typing them. Also, turn the Caps Lock on your device off while entering the default username and password.
- Make sure that the web browser you are using to access armor.netgear.com is running on its updated version. Apart from that, the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser need to be cleared before accessing armor.netgear.com.
- If you are activating the Netgear Armor using the Nighthawk app, ensure that the app is updated.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software or firewall on the device you are used to activating the Netgear Armor.
This was all about how to activate the Netgear Armor on your wireless router using the activation code. Let’s hope that this article will help you in securing your Nighthawk device by activating the Netgear Armor.
Leave a Reply