Wearing a motorcycle helmet regularly tugs on hairs, encouraging the hair roots to migrate closer to the scalp surface over time. It is a condition known as “traction alopecia,” in which hair, usually at the front of the scalp, ceases growing because its roots reach too near the skin’s surface. Thus, it causes hair to lose its anchoring in the scalp.
This article will answer the query of Does Wearing Helmet Cause Hair Loss.
Is It True That Wearing A Motorcycle Helmet Causes Hair Loss?
Essentially, when the helmet brushes against the hairline repeatedly, it impairs the scalp’s health, causing hair to fall out. There is one component in the helmet that, in my opinion, is the primary cause of hair shed. The component’s name is polystyrene, and it is nothing more than the foam liner placed on the inside of the helmet. This ingredient absorbs all-natural oils and moisture from the hair, resulting in dry and harsh hair.
Hair loss occurs in persons who sweat excessively while wearing a helmet or keep their helmet unclean.
You can cover your head with a scarf or a Bandana if you sweat a lot before putting on a helmet. Maintain the cleanliness of this scarf. We need to wash our helmets at least twice a week. It will not affect your hair. Aside from that, it would be best if you kept the helmet clean and dust-free. People ride their bikes with their helmets on for the whole day. The inside of the helmet becomes clogged with dust and debris, and they use it without cleaning. If you wear a filthy helmet, you will lose hair.
If you’re shedding too much hair, you can try changing your helmet. Click here to learn about the best quad bike helmets.
When you wear a helmet for an extended period, your hair begins to fall out, a condition known as Traction Alopecia. It affects your hair development cycle, and if you continue to wear a helmet in this manner, it will lead to hair shedding. Many individuals report feeling smothered after wearing helmets, and they also sweat a lot. This form of sweating is bad for the head because sweat begins to build in the pores, causing damage to the hair roots. Hair loss has grown more common in males than in women, and helmets play a significant part.
The problem is exacerbated if you also have dandruff since the rate of hair shed will be much higher. You may think that wearing a helmet is also vital because of traffic laws, but if there are so many difficulties that arise from wearing a helmet, what is the solution?
Check whether your existing helmet is too tight on your head since this might cause hair shed. You may try on a branded helmet that fits snugly on your head.
Tips For Preventing Hair shed From Motorcycle Helmets:
- As previously said, you must get a helmet that fits appropriately on your head. Even if you shake the helmet, it will remain firm on your head, keeping your scalp in good condition.
- Wearing a helmet without a bandana or scarf will establish a barrier between your head and the helmet. It will preserve all of your hair’s vital oils and natural hydration.
- You must wear your helmet so that it does not pull your hair. Bringing the helmet softly, slipping it down, and then lifting it again is the proper method to wear it.
- Make sure to take a little break in between journeys when riding your bike.
- Check to see if any hair is present around the edges or beneath the strap when you remove the helmet. You must remove the hairs by carefully tugging them out.
- Before putting on a motorbike helmet, you should use the best shampoo and moisturizer on your hair. Well-nourished hair is less prone to breakage and dryness. Also clean your helmet every now and then. If your helmet has a non-removable helmet liner then it might be difficult. Learn more about how to clean a non-removable helmet liner?
- Hair loss may be avoided by wearing a branded helmet, which is easy to find in today’s environment. If you are already suffering hair loss, you should use extreme caution when wearing a helmet. There are several hair shed remedies available worldwide, including tonics, scalp massage, and others. You might use a dependable way to restore your hair’s original development. You might benefit from a scalp massage to enhance blood circulation in your scalp. When you get back to home, rinse your hair with water and apply some hair home remedies. These remedies reduce hair loss and provide strength to hair.
- It will increase the suppleness of your scalp’s skin, resulting in optimal hair development. So, to avoid hair shed, you must address several issues.
In conclusion, we can say that With proper care and knowledge, you can minimize hair fall due to wearing helmets. It is critical to wear a helmet because it will save your life. Hair issues have grown rather common among bike riders, but you may preserve your hair most cost-effectively if you follow the measures mentioned earlier.
I hope you have found the answer to your question i-e does wearing a helmet cause hair loss.
Also Read: How does a Load Bank Work?